Sunday, September 11, 2011

Disaster: Cake Balls

Yeah...that lovely surprise I mentioned? Didn't happen. I don't know whether you've heard of cake balls? They're basically cake crumbs mixed with frosting into balls, which are then dipped into some sort of coating. I think I made a few mistakes...1). I screwed up the proportions. I baked the cake, but my mom really wanted to try some by itself, so i cut around 1/8th of it and put it on a plate for her. No biggie, right? Then I used around 3/4th of the frosting container which happened to be just too much for the amount of cake I was working with. I hoped it'd become less sticky, wet, and more solid after refrigerating it...but no. I tried to microwave, and then boil the white chocolate bars I'd gotten for the dipping but I suppose I really should have gotten the actual candy melt moulds or Almond Bar...when I microwaved, it didnt melt all the way. When I boiled, it burnt. So yeah...that was disappointing. On a good note, a few weeks ago my friend baked a triple layer white cake with delicious frosting! Not homemade but it completely rocked! I think it's time for me to start baking again...I havent baked anything, really, since the red velvet cupcakes...


Anyway, that's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment